|Appearance||F1 Menu Art|
Mobile Task Force
|Chaos Insurgents |
|Spawn Location: Light Containment Zone |
Class ID = 8
Canon Name: Mr. Janusz
Scientists are a civilian class that spawn in Light Containment Zone. Unlike Class-Ds, Scientists spawn with a Scientist Keycard and a First Aid Kit. Scientists will spawn near a random room (such as the Armoury or GR18) or a checkpoint.
In comparison to Class-Ds, Scientists have the upper hand due to the card that they spawn with. Because of this, Scientists typically either search for SCP-914 or a weapon to defend themselves. Scientists are also outnumbered at least 2-1 by D-Class at the start of the game.
Scientists must go to the Surface Zone to reach the escape zone (near the MTF spawn). When a Scientist goes down the ramp they will escape and respawn as an MTF Specialist. This will give the MTF one Respawn Ticket, allowing one more MTF to spawn during that round.
If the cuffed_escapee_change_team config option is set to 'true' on a server, a Scientist escaping while disarmed will then turn into a Chaos Insurgent. This will give Chaos two Respawn Tickets, effectively giving Chaos three more teammates in that round per disarmed scientist that escapes.
|Image||Room Name||Room ID||Image||Room Name||Room ID|
|LCZ/HCZ Checkpoints||EX A/B||LCZ Armory||##00|
|Glass Room||GR18||Water Closet||WC00|
The Scientist's main objective is to escape the facility by any means possible, cooperating with MTF and Facility Guards to make it to the exit.
After escaping and respawning as a Nine Tailed Fox Specialist, the objective becomes the same as any other MTF Operative: re-contain all SCPs as well as terminate all Class-Ds and Chaos Insurgents.
- Escaping as Scientist grants the For Science! achievement.
- Escaping under 3 minutes grants the Escape Artist achievement.
- Upgrading your card alongside a Class-D grants the Friendship achievement.
- Killing an SCP as Scientist grants the If you want something done right... achievement.
- Killing 50 Class-Ds as Scientist grants the They Are Just Resources... achievement.
- Escaping under the effects of SCP-207 grants the High on the Wings of Caffeine achievement.
- As a Class-D, killing a Scientist holding a card grants the NANI?! achievement.
- In older versions of the game, Scientists used to glisten as if they were covered in glitter. This has since been fixed.
- The Scientist's name is Mr. Janusz.