|Appearance||F1 Menu Art|
|Class-Ds||Facility Guards |
Mobile Task Force
|Spawn Location: Surface Zone |
Class ID = 8
Chaos Insurgents are a military class that spawn under the bridge in Surface Zone. Chaos Insurgents are green camouflage-clad, ex-Foundation members who are tasked with eliminating Facility Guards and Mobile Task Force, while also saving the Class-D.
The CI must enter the facility, rescue all remaining Class-D and escort them to the surface. They must also eliminate all opposing forces including MTF, Scientists, and any hostile SCPs that may stand in their way. Chaos Insurgents win the "Class D Victory" if at least one D Class manages to escape, and all Nine Tailed Fox operators and scientists are dead.
It should be noted however, that on some servers; Chaos are given the option to detain Scientists with a disarmer, then let them escape while detained. This will then turn the Scientist into Chaos, also giving the Chaos two respawn tickets. A disarmed Scientist escaping will show up as a Class-D escape on the win screen, allowing Chaos to still win even if no Class-D managed to escape. When a Class-D or a disarmed Scientist escape, they become a Chaos Conscript.
Chaos don't have to kill SCPs to win, but should still be cautious of them. SCPs also don't have to kill Chaos to get an "SCP Victory", meaning that both factions can choose to either co-operate or fight.
The Insurgents have the advantage of surprise upon entering the facility, given that only the Class-D and other Chaos can hear their arrival via a subtle music cue. It should also be noted that SCP-079 can tell if Chaos spawned by checking its map, but it cannot hear the same cue.
However, this 'element of surprise' is more often ruined then not, due to the loud and distinct noises of their boots while walking on the floor.
Related article: Soundtrack
The Chaos Insurgents spawn in waves of different subclasses. These subclasses have different gear and spawn chances that is based off the amount of players that respawned. Chaos Conscript only spawns by a Class-D or a disarmed Scientist that escapes.
The most common Chaos Subclass, will always spawn.
The 2nd most common Chaos Subclass, will only spawn if at least four players respawned.
The rarest Chaos Subclass, often only 1 or 2 will spawn.
Escaped Class-Ds and escaped disarmed Scientist become a Conscript.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- The round will end if only Chaos and SCPs remain; so both sides could technically team to achieve either the SCP or Class D victory.
- Each insurgent spawns with the equivalent of the Captain Keycard.
- Can easily be outmatched in long range fights, due to their weapon's lack of range and bullet spread.
- Can easily be heard by the sound of their boots, as they are as loud SCPs footsteps.
Respawning as Chaos will grant the CHAAOOOOS! achievement.
- Chaos Insurgents and SCPs can ignore each other, despite both of their objectives clashing.
- The Chaos Subclass names were chosen by an event where Patreon would suggest them via discord, then they were voted on by staff and Patreons. The Conscript subclass was not originally planned and the idea was instead suggested by the Patreon user Bapple, with the name "Conscript" coming from a Northwood staff member.
- Conscript --> Ender
- Rifleman --> Splatn’t
- Marauder --> Crescent
- Repressor was adapted from the name "Suppressor" which was suggested by Mikel.
- The winner for the name for Rifleman was actually the word "Assault" and was suggested by CheeseChurger.
- It was changed as the devs wanted the word to be three syllables.
- For majority of 11.0 Beta, Maruader and Repressor were used on the wrong sub-class. With Repressor used on the Shotgunner and Maruader used on the Logicer sub-class. This was fixed during late public beta.