|Cartridge Type||12/70 Buckshot|
|Ammo Capacity||14 (+2)|
|Manufactor||Standard BGT. CO. |
Gunex (Holo Sight)
|Spawn Locations||Chaos Marauders|
|Inspired by||Standard Manufacturing DP-12|
The Shotgun (or the Double Barrel Baguette [or simply DBB]) is a type of Firearm in SCP: Secret Laboratory. It is effective at quickly dispatching nearby targets.
The Shotgun fires mini buckshots at players for massive damage. It has a very short damage falloff, making it only effective at close range, but its high damage still allows it to deal some damage from afar (provided the buckshots hit the player).
The default spray pattern for firing the weapon leans towards the right, although the spread is semi-random. This means it is best to aim near the left of players when engaging at long range. With the Choke Barrel attachment, the spray pattern is no longer random but the overall spread is increased. The Extended Barrel attachment increases penetration and lowers the spread, but makes the spray pattern completely random while also increasing the draw-time.
The Shotgun has a unique firing mechanic compared to other weapons. By pressing Left Click, the player can fire one of its two sears. Firing again when fire the other sear, afterwards the Shotgun will play a pumping animation, during which it can not be fired. This means the player can quickly fire the Shotgun twice in rapid succession before needing to wait for the pump animation to finish before firing again. Pellets will always deal bodyshot damage no matter if they hit the head or limb. This makes the Shotgun unable to one shot targets due to its max damage being 98.4.
The Shotgun can be equipped with the Double-shot system attachment, which causes both sears to fire at once. This in turn allows the player to one shot targets.
The Shotgun's rounds are fairly limited, as only Chaos Marauders spawn with them, and can be found nowhere else within Site-02. Therefore, the only way to gain more Buckshot rounds is to pick them up from deceased Chaos Insurgents, or using SCP-914.
Holding down the E key on a player with the firearm equipped will disarm the player.
The Shotgun only has one possible spawn location:
- Chaos Marauders (will always spawn with a Shotgun)
The Shotgun's reloading animation becomes slightly longer when reloading an empty Shotgun due to the fact it needs to be pumped to chamber the bullets.
|ADS Zoom 1.25x |
|ADS Zoom 1.05x |
Equip Time +0.03%
|Pattern Consistency +100% |
Pellet Spread +20%
|Penetration +10% |
Pellet Spread -10%
Equip Time +0.1s
| Ammo Counter |
Equip Time +0.03s
|Hip-Firing Accuracy +100% |
Laser is visible to others
| Light Source |
Equip Time +0.03s
Due to how the Shotgun works, these values only represent when 8 out of 12 the pellets hit the person. Players hit by more than 8 pellets do not take additional damage. Shotgun ignores headshot and limbshot damage. The Shotgun also has a mechanic where if a player is killed by the Shotgun, any extra pellets will hit players behind them. For example, if a player is low enough to die from two pellets, and get hit by eight pellets. They will only take damage from two pellets, while the remaining pellets will land behind them.
The Double-shot System attachment allows the player to fire both sears at once, increasing the total pellets fired at once. This in turn doubles the damage protentional of the Shotgun.
|No Armor||Light Armor||Combat Armor||Heavy Armor|
|Ammo Type||12/70 Buckshot||12/70 Buckshot||12/70 Buckshot||12/70 Buckshot||12/70 Buckshot||12/70 Buckshot||12/70 Buckshot||12/70 Buckshot|
- These values are auto calculated by Mediawiki, there may be some rounding differences between it and Unity, so some values may be off by a tiny bit.
- Armor does not reduce limb damage.
- Shotgun does not deal headshot or limb damage.
- SCPs do not take limb or headshot damage except SCP-049-2.
- SCP-106 takes 1/5th normal damage.
- SCP-173 damage resistance is the same as Heavy Armor. Hume Shield does not have any resistance
- Combat Armor and Heavy Armor have the same protection level against headshots.
- The rows listed as AHP represents how much damage HP takes while under the effects of AHP. It does not represent how much AHP is lost.
- The Shotgun is also called the Double Barrel Baguette due to the fact it was created in New France, USA.
- When inspecting the Shotgun, it is possible to see how many shells remain inside of it.
- This is rather inprecise, but can be a small loophole around using the Ammo Counter attachment, in favor of using the Laser or Flashlight attachments.