|Usage||Countering SCP-079 |
Trapping players in a room for a short time
|Spawn||Bulletproof Locker №7|
|Manufacturer||Titan Consumer Appliances and Electronics|
The Factory (Supplied Ectoplasm)
|Article Link||SCP Article|
SCP-2176 is an SCP Item found in SCP Secret Laboratory. They are a brand of lightbulbs created by Titan Consumer Appliances and Electronics called "Ghostlight™". Unlike normal lightbulbs, SCP-2176 instead uses Ectoplasm in order for the bulb to light up its surroundings. If SCP-2176 is broken then the Ectomorphs are be free to affect nearby electrical equipment, causing them to be forcefully activated or deactivated by the Ectomorphs.
The unknown is feared by humanity. Although, the same cannot be said about the Factory. No one knows the unknown more than those who mass-produce it on assembly lines, those who profit off of them, or the corporate executive who decided that it was a good idea to put a ghost inside a fluorescent lightbulb.
"Hi, Mark here with Ghostlight! The super-cheap and long-lasting light bulb. Ghostlight is no ordinary light bulb; its internal mechanisms only require a single non-toxic substance! No arsenic! No lead! No mercury! And best of all, its selling price is positively ethereal! Nothing beats the longevity of Ghostlight! Not even LED! Buy them once, and never worry about them dying out! Because they’re already dead!"
-Mark Edding, Source: Seized Television Infomercial
Up to three instances can spawn in a given round.
While having SCP-2176 equipped, the player can either click Left Click or Right Click to throw SCP-2176. If SCP-2176 collides with the ground, it will instantly shatter. If it hits the ground, but not with enough speed to destroy it, then the lightbulb will instead crack, causing it to automatically shatter after ten seconds have passed.
The following effects will happen when SCP-2176 is thrown in a given room:
- All lights in the room are turned off.
- If the lights are already turned off, SCP-2176 will instead re-enable them.
- Close and lock all doors in a room.
- SCP-079 can no longer interact with any doors in the room for the duration of its effects.
- If the room is already locked down, SCP-2176 will instead open all doors in the room.
- SCP-2176 will effect both levels of SCP-049's Containment Chamber and Alpha Warhead Silo.
- SCP-2176 will not effect both levels of the LCZ/HCZ Elevators, it will only effect the level it was thrown on.
- SCP-2176 will effect all of Surface Zone if thrown in the zone.
- If SCP-079 was currently operating a camera in said room, they will become stunned for eight seconds. Preventing them from using any of their abilities.
- This will also completely drain SCP-079's AP bar and prevent it from regening until the effect ends.
- This also applies if SCP-079 was operating any camera on Surface Zone and SCP-2176 was thrown there.
- If SCP-079 was already stunned, SCP-2176 will instead re-enable them.
- This will not restore SCP-079's AP.
- SCP-2176 will instantly activate a Tesla Gate if thrown in a hallway that contains one.
- Escaping as a Class-D with at least 2 SCP Items in your inventory grants the Property of the Chaos Insurgency achievement.
- SCP-2176 was temporary added during the Halloween 2021 Event, and was later permanently added to the game in 11.1.0.
- Putting SCP-2176 in SCP-914 on 1:1 will grant the player 12 Coins, which equals to $3.00, the same price SCP-2176 was listed as in its trailer.
- SCP-2176 was an idea suggested by a patreon in the official SCP SL Discord that was forwarded to the Game Design team after the Art Manager took a liking to the suggestion.
- SCP-2176 can be used to force open Keycard doors. This is done by using one instance to lock down a room, and then using a second instance to end the blackout effect, opening closed doors.
- Prior to the 11.1.3 update, players could open the doors to SCP-106's CC with this trick.