|Usage||Countering SCP-079 |
Trapping players in a room for a short time
|Spawn||Bulletproof Locker №7|
|Manufactor||Titan Consumer Appliances and Electronics|
The Factory (Supplied Ectoplasm)
|Article Link||SCP Article|
SCP-2176 are an SCP Item found in SCP Secret Laboratory. They are a brand of lightbulbs created by Titan Consumer Appliances and Electronics called "Ghostlight™". Unlike normal lightbulbs, SCP-2176 instead uses Ectoplasm in order for the bulb to light up its surroundings. If SCP-2176 is broken then the Ectomorphs are be free to affect nearby electrical equipment, causing them to be forcefully activated or deactivated by the Ectomorphs.
SCP-2176 instances can be found inside Bulletproof Lockers located around the map. Up to three SCP-2176s can spawn at maximum. When SCP-2176 is equipped by the player they can click either Left Click or Right Click to throw SCP-2176. When SCP-2176 collides with the ground it will be instantly destroyed. If it hits the ground but not with enough speed to destroy it, then it will instead crack causing it to automatically shatter after ten seconds have passed.
SCP-2176 will have different effects depending on the type of room it shatters in.
SCP-2176 does not work in the following rooms:
- Class-D Cells
- Elevator Systems A & B
- SCP-079s Containment Room
- SCP-096s Containment Room
- EZ-HCZ Checkpoint
- Gate A & B
- Both EZ Endrooms
- Evacuation Shelter
- SCP-2176 can be used to escape hostile players by trapping them in a locked room for a short amount time.
- SCP-2176 can be used to trap players in the same room with you.
- Escaping as a Class-D with at least 2 SCP Items in your inventory grants the Property of the Chaos Insurgency achievement.
- SCP-2176 was temporary added during the Halloween 2021 Event, and was later permanently added to the game in 11.1.0.
- Putting SCP-2176 in SCP-914 on 1:1 will grant the player 12 Coins, which equals to $3.00, the same price SCP-2176 was listed as in its trailer.
- SCP-2176 was an idea suggested by a patreon in the official SCP SL Discord that was forwarded to the Game Design team after the Art Manager took a liking to the suggestion.
- SCP-2176 can be used to force open Keycard doors. This is done by using one instance to lock down a room, and then using a second instance to end the blackout effect, opening closed doors.
- Prior to the 11.1.3 update, players could open the doors to SCP-106's CC with this trick.