|Description||When worn, temporarily, makes you invisible|
unless it is interrupted by any user interaction.
|Usage||Makes the wearer |
temporarily invisible, requires recharging
|Spawn||Bulletproof Locker №7|
|Article Link||SCP Article|
SCP-268 is an SCP Item that will make the player wearing it temporarily invisible to human players and certain SCPs.
The fate of an inanimate object is not one any individual is likely to consider but one could feel just a twinge of sympathy for this hat. You see, as far as this hat’s fate goes, it is rather unfortunate. No one will ever see it adorning someone’s head and the wearer will be ignored by those around them. In every regard, if this hat held any sentience, its fate would be tragic.
"I simply cannot stress this enough, SCP-268's threat to security should not be underestimated. This is not simply a hat that makes you "invisible". In-fact, it causes no such effect. SCP-268 is an anti-meme, and an object of extreme interest to the Serpent's Hand. If that means anything to you, then you'll lock this up in the most secure facility you have and never take it out."
-Agent Kane Drake, Security Chief of Site-██
When the player puts on SCP-268, the item will apply the Status Effect.
While under the effect, the user will be invisible to all other humans, and most SCPs (with the exception of SCP-096, and SCP-079). This effect will only last for up to 15 seconds, but can also be cancelled early if the player interacts with anything, or equips a Firearm. It will then require a 2 minute cooldown before it can be equipped again.
The cooldown for SCP-268 is player based and not item based, so while the cooldown may be in effect for one person, another person can use SCP-268 if they pick it up. This can also be seen by the fact, that if a user has multiple SCP-268 and uses one of them, the cooldown will apply to every instance of SCP-268 in their inventory (this can not be seen under normal gameplay since only one SCP-268 instance will spawn in a round and SCP-914 can not create other instances).
SCP-079 can always see SCP-268 users and SCP-096 can SCP-268 users if they are targets.
- SCP-268 is best used for evasion, in order to avoid/escape hostile players.
- SCP-268 can be used to ambush other players, making it a potent tool in the later stages of the game.
- Using both SCP-268 and SCP-207 is a very useful strategy, as it lets you quickly escape while undetected.
- Escaping as a Class-D with at least 2 SCP Items in your inventory grants the Property of the Chaos Insurgency achievement.
- During the Megapatch II Patreon Beta, SCP-268 could be crafted via SCP-914 as the 1:1 setting would cycle between SCP Items.
- The first time SCP-268 is used in game, it will grant the Chaos Insurgency one Respawn Ticket. Any other uses, even from other players, will not give Respawn Tickets.
- Instances spawned in with admin commands do not give tickets.